Best Camera To Film Your Own Hunts Reviews 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
Do you feel like sharing your remarkable hunting experiences with your friends and family?
Do you feel like capturing those amazing moments and memories so you could be able to watch them later?
If your answer is yes, you are definitely in the right place! Sometimes re-watching the film can help you to find deer next time you go for a hunt!
This article will provide you with comprehensive knowledge about the Best Camera To Film Your Own Hunts, and you can enjoy watching your live experiences during your hunts. By reading this article, you will learn everything about the most affordable and elite video cameras and camcorders to film your hunts.
10 best hunting video cameras 2020 listed here are:
- Top 3 best video camera for hunting on a budget
- Top 10 Best Camera To Film Your Own Hunts Reviews 2020
- 1. Nikon D850 FX-format Digital S.L.R. Camera
- 2. Canon VIXIA GX10 UHD 4K Camcorder
- 3. Canon E.O.S. 80D DSLR Camera
- 4. Canon E.O.S. Rebel T6 DSLR Camera
- 5. Canon XF400 Professional Camcorder
- 6. Panasonic 4K Cinema-Like Video Camera Camcorder
- 7. Panasonic DC-G9LK LUMIX G9 Mirrorless Camera
- 8. Panasonic HC X1000 4K-60p/50p Camcorder
- 9. PANASONIC Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera
- 10. Sony FDR-AX700 4K Camcorder FDR-AX700/B
- Things to Consider Before Buying Best Camera for Self Filming Hunt
Top 3 best video camera for hunting on a budget
Name of the Product
Panasonic 4K Cinema-Like Video Camera Camcorder HC-WXF991K
Canon VIXIA GX10 UHD 4K Camcorder
Sony FDR-AX700 4K Camcorder FDR-AX700/B
Top 10 Best Camera To Film Your Own Hunts Reviews 2020
If you are looking for the best video camera for hunting self-filming hunts ? You came the right place. So stay tune and check this out which one would be better.
1. Nikon D850 FX-format Digital S.L.R. Camera
The Nikon D850 Digital S.L.R. Camera is built with an ultra-large 45.7-megapixel backside-illuminated F.X. sensor, which has a super dynamic range. The autofocus system achieves excellent performance for fast-moving subjects that is fast and highly accurate. The camera is capable of recording 4K-resolution video, which is up to 120 frames per second at 1080-pixel Resolution. It works pretty well with low light conditions.
- Comes with dual card slots which include X.Q.D. and an S.D. card slot
- The body is made with alloy and weather-sealed
- 3.2-inch high-resolution touchscreen
- Full-framed illuminated backside 45.7-megapixel sensor with no optical low pass filter (OLPF)
- Native ISO range is up to ISO 102,400 Expandable down to ISO 32
- Full Resolution is up to 7 frames per second. Shooting is continuous (has 9 fps with an optional battery grip and EN EL18 battery)
- Simultaneous external and internal recording HDMI output for 8-bit 4K UHD footage
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-FI for Nikon SynapBridge compatibility.
Things We Like:
- The Nikon D850 Digital S.L.R. has the fastest 105mm telephoto to date
- The camera is a weather-sealed camera to protect it from rain.
- The 4K Ultra H.D. Recording Video lens is interchangeable and provides excellent features for Photographers and Videographers.
- They are specially designed for hunters.
- Lens is expensive
- The Lens is massive with no V.R. You have to keep your shutter speeds to stabilize the Lens.
DSLR Camera is excellent for hunters. It has unique and remarkable features. The time-Lapse mode enables you to catch the beautiful sunrise and sunsets. You can do anything with the product's versatility.
2. Canon VIXIA GX10 UHD 4K Camcorder
Personally, The Cannon Vixa GX-10 is one of my most-liked Cameras on this list. Great videos can be produced with this camera. It can do anything that you need to create mind-blowing videos! The Cannon Vixa GX-10 is equipped with a quick/slow-motion recording mode, which enhances the experience of the videos. With the wifi compatibility, it allows you to share your filmed video content from the Canon GX-10 to your phone easily. In my opinion, this impressive feature puts the camera to the top! The camera comes with a 3.5-inch Touch Screen, which enables smooth finger tap focus. Let us now go in-depth into this elite camera.
Things We Like:
- The large sensor enables high definition recording at higher frame rates.
- The Touch screen is awesomely top class.
- The remote access of the camera is ideal for stand hunting.
- Buttons are designed for different functions.
- Dual Pixel autofocus delivers superb functionality.
- Image Stabilization works well irrespective of the dimension of handshake.
- Overheating issues occurs when recording high definition videos in hotter temperatures
When compared to other cameras, this camera will give you the best user experience that will love. Navigating through with the 3.5 Touch screen is very easy. You can take amazing videos with high Resolution and quick or low motion video recording modes!. At its price range, the super-quality of its features makes the Canon GX10 pleasant the best camera to self-film your hunts.
3. Canon E.O.S. 80D DSLR Camera
If you want to enjoy fantastic camera features, or you want to improve your Photography/ Videography to professional, the Canon E.O.S. 80D Camera, which comes with a complete Travel Accessory Bundle, is the excellent choice for you! The camera offers high you high definition video at 1080-60 fps and comes with great features. You will get a bright look at what you are videoing and its unique angle-touch screen. The Dual Pixels and Image Processor takes your videos and images without blurs. For the price, the camera's feature is top-notch. The great thing is the Accessory Travel Bundle it comes with makes it enjoyable! Many of the accessories come with Lens and prime gear, which is ideal for producing great hunting videos.
- 60 fps Video recording, full H.D. 1080p
- APS-C CMOS 24.2 Sensor
- CMOS AF has Dual Pixel
- CMOS AF with built-in
- I.R. 7560-Pixel Metering Sensor+RGB
- U.S.M. Lens EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5.6
- Expanded ISO -25600, up to 7 fps Shooting
Things We Like:
- High ISO Performance
- Hue accuracy is very better
- Autofocus speed is fast
- Improved JPEG with Fine Detail Picture Style
- Lots of external controls
- Excellent burst performance
- Touchscreen is responsive
- Built-in wifi is convenient for N.F.C.
- The HDMI output is not too clean
- Video is not 4K
- Compared to cameras without an A.A. filter, images are slightly soft
- No wifi remote app tap-to-focus
- Bundle Accessories:
- Altura Photo/Image Digital DSLR/SLR Camera Sling Backpack -
- Altura Photo/Image Cleaning Kit
- Compact Photo 62-Inch Monopod
- Photo Universal Softbox 13×8” Flash Diffuser
- 67mm 3 Piece Altura Photo Filter Kit (UV-CPL-ND4)
- 64GB Ultra UHS-I SDXC SanDisk Memory Card
- Altura Photo RAPID FIRE Quick Release and Neck Strap for Digital Cameras
The technology and processors that come with the Camera and all the Accessories make the camera amazing and enjoyable. You will be happy with your videos and cams! The camera is perfect for beginner hunters!
4. Canon E.O.S. Rebel T6 DSLR Camera
The Canon E.O.S. Rebel T6 DSLR Camera is a significant upgrade when compared to its predecessor – the T5, which offers you only 3fps burst shooting. The Camera, Canon T9 offers an 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor that runs with the DIGIC 4+ image processor and 9-points automatic focus system.
Though its not the best image processor, it provides you are better performance with its entry-level DSLR. The 18MP sensor produces a super-quality image with high Resolution. You can also get a higher resolution of 24MP with the Canon T6 Camera. When it comes to lenses, the camera gives you many options. The EF-lens is entirely compatible with all Canon's E.F. lenses. Its ISO range (100-6400) is expandable up to 12,800.
The Canon T6 has a very lightweight body. It is also compact and small. It comes with different helpful Travel accessories and controls that you will enjoy when self filming your hunts.
- The camera weighs over 1-lb
- The camera comes with Accessory Bundle
- Has Creative Auto Mode and Scene Intelligent Mode
- DIGIC 4 +Image Processor, and 18MP APS CMOS Sensor
- Easy to carry around due to too small compact, lightweight body
- Excellent image quality
- Built-in Wife and N.F.C.
- Very easy to use
- It is worthy of the price
- Touchscreen L.C.S. is non-fixed
- The max continuous shooting rate is limited to 3fps
- The camera video frame is reduced to 3fps
Camera features plus the accessories will make your hunting experience great. If you are starting hunting activities, the camera will offer you excellent videos and images when you are self-filming your hunts.
5. Canon XF400 Professional Camcorder
The XF400 Professional Camcorder has exceptional features and functionality. Combined with 4K UHD image quality, it is compact and portable. The Camcorder offers costive 4K UHD quality video, which is ideal for education, corporate, government, and broadcast videography. The 1.0-inch 4K CMOS image sensor and the dual DIGIC DV 6 Image Processors; the XF400 can record 4K UHD video at 60p and also records in MP4 dual S.D. card slots. The Camcorder offers slow-motion record recording that is up to 120fps in full H.D.
To achieve fast and accurate autofocus, the Camcorder's Dual Pixel CMOS AF will do just that. 4K UHD quality is maintained by a 15x optical; zoom lens throughout the entire zoom range.
Included in the camera are an HDMU 2.0 terminal with 4K UHD output, a 3.5-inch adjustable touch panel LCD monitor, two X.L.R. terminal with the independent audio level control, and a built-in 0.24-inch electronic viewfinder with enhanced usability. To achieve a variety of shooting situations, the XF400 detachable handle will aid you. Camera design offers a wide range of recording possibilities and is ideal to meet the needs of professionals.
- Low noise/High Sensitivity
- 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS Image Sensor
- 5-axis Optical Image Sensor/Wide 15x Optical 4K UHD Zoom Lens
- The camera has Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Design is compact and lightweight with a detachable handle
- Wifi and Wired Connectivity ( Network Connectivity for FTP Transfer and Browser Remote)
- Audio input is flexible with Linera P.C.M. 4channel Support
- The camera has Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Camcorder supports slow-motion recording
- The camera has Dual SD cards slot
- Autofocus is accurate and fast
- Manual controls are limited
- HDR Standard is not supported
- The camera comes with just a single lens adjustment ring
Camera design has more versatile features and functionality. The image, video, and processors are very remarkable. The camera offers you slow-motion filming. There is no better option for professional hunters than this Camcorder, which is one of the most used cameras by professional hunters!
6. Panasonic 4K Cinema-Like Video Camera Camcorder
The Panasonic HC-WXF991K is the best and most affordable for self-filming hunts! It comes with excellent features and Video qualities with 4K Resolution. You need this camera for self-filming the best quality videos during hunting. The camera offers a unique editing effect for cinema 4K filming! It comes with 20x Zoom, video stabilization, and Slow/Fast Motion features. With this camera, you are now ready to produce a clean, steady video.
- In-camera Editing and Effects (4K Cinema) – Slow/Fast Motion, 4K Post Cropping, Zoom, and Stabilization
- HDR button enables fast mode changes. EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) copies a semi-professional experience.
- In-camera editing for 1080 displays and Ultra-Sharp 4K Ultra H.D. recording
- Image Sensor 1/2.3" BSI MOS Sensor. 5-axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization, and Leica Decoma Lens Optical 20X Zoom.
- Compared to its competitors, the price of the camera is affordable
- The 4K Camcorder ideal for great starters. Features are easy to use which makes it easier for beginners to shoot awesome videos
- The features are amazing. Movies can be made on the fly!
- The video camera cannot be controlled remotely when the HDMI is in use.
- When shooting videos, motion pictures can be noisy and fuzzy.
- If you are on wifi mode, you can't have HDMI output. But as a starter, this camera is better and easy to use.
You can't say that the camera is perfect, but the Panasonic HC-WXF991K is an excellent camcorder if you consider the price. Quality videos can be taken and edited using this camera. And the quality of the audio is much better than other camcorders.
7. Panasonic DC-G9LK LUMIX G9 Mirrorless Camera
The Panasonic DC-G(L.K. Lumix G Mirrorless Camera is another Elite Camera that offers you excellent features. When it comes to cameras, it is superb. It comes with Dual SD Slots that guarantee the storage of all your videos. The camera also has three excellent modes and two S.D. cards. One operates in the night-mode! You can capture amazing videos and images in any lighting weather condition. By R.A.W. recording and shooting the 20.3-megapixel sensor eight times, you can take 80-MP photos to create a single image. The camera eliminates all blurs from the videos and pictures! The 5-axis body ISO is capable of correcting all classic lenses that are unequipped with the O.I.S. Camera has versatile features that can turn your photos and videos into a masterpiece!
- Controllable Bluetooth
- Offers full-res 20.3-megapixel sensor and 80-megapixels high-resolution JPEG/RAW in-camera image
- 60 fps (A.F.S.) and 20 fps (A.F.C.) electronic shutters high-speed burst in full Resolution. Ultra-High-speedLumix A.F. technology.
- Magnification is 0.83X and free blackout 100% field of view. Massive 3680K-dot OLED Live View Finder (L.V.F.)
- Dual SD Card slots for format allocation video recording, in-camera backup, and relay
- HHD 4K/60p video capture is super-quality
- Sensor (20MP) increases Resolution with no increase in pixel-level
- Ideal for still shooters and image stabilization
- Improved sharpening, JPEG noise reduction
- When shooting videos, depth from Defocus flutters
- When the shooter is pressed EVF resolution drops
- A.F. Joystick is not sufficiently responsive
- When ports are not in use, the screen cannot be flipped out.
The Panasonic G9 Camera excellent features can be classed as the brand's top tier stills-oriented camera!
8. Panasonic HC X1000 4K-60p/50p Camcorder
The Panasonic HC-X1000 delivers professional videos, great features, and impressive functionality. The camera comes with fantastic video image processors and quality. It offers a cinematic video at 4K UHD 24fps. The included manufacturer's accessories make it ready to use when purchasing it. In my viewpoint, this is the second-best camera for self-filming hunts.
- 4K Ultra H.D. 24p Cinema, 60p Video Quality
- Professional Built-in Audio X.L.R. Terminal
- 20X Leica Lens which comes with Mounted Control Rings
- Night Scenes can be recorded with 0 Lux
- Battery Charger
- K-150Mbps/2K-200 Mbps High Bit Rate Quality
- Includes Polaroid Microphone
- Video Pro Ultra Heavy Duty Monopod /Polaroid 72-inches
- Padded Ritz Gear Deluxe Photo Backpack
- 8-in-1 Ritz Gear Cleaning Kit For Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, S.L.R.s and filters
- Aperture lens works well in low lighting conditions
- Provides wifi connectivity
- Records action videos outstandingly
- The optical zoom produces videos that are clearer than the digital zoom
- Has lesser weight compared to other cameras of comparable quality
- For the top-consumer class, Image quality is noisy.
- Image quality is noisy for the top-consumer class
- Wifi set up is not intuitive.
The camera is excellent. The accessories compliment better features and functionality so well. If you want to produce the best video quality for your hunting, this is an excellent camera to satisfy your needs.
9. PANASONIC Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera
Everything about this Camera is impressive. The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera has a unique low light performance mode, which allows you to capture perfect footage at night. Also, it comes with an image stabilization feature that allows for easy capturing of photos and videos with a minimal blur! The camera is very affordable. Let us take a close look at its features.
- LCD Display (1040 dots) with High-Resolution Viewfinder (1170K)
- M.O.S. Sensor (18.1 megapixels) plus Power Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) that captures farther moments.
- Exclusive Lumix 4K Photo and Post Focus plus 4K QFHD Video recording (3840 x 2160)
- Captures images and records videos in low-lighting conditions
- Wifi Connection and USB charger
- Autofocus is fast
- Large 60x zoom range
- 30fps 4K Photo Capture
Things We Don’t
- Does not have EVF eye sensor
- Rear LCD is fixed
- Raw buffer is limited
- No 24fbs video capture.
10. Sony FDR-AX700 4K Camcorder FDR-AX700/B
In my opinion, the Sony FDR-AX700 is the best camera within this price range. The camera offers tons of features of the high image and video content! The camera comes with a package that contains Light, mini tripod, and Remote. The camera is capable of filming 4K HDR Videos for its price. For beginner filmers, it is equipped with auto-focus. This camera offers high-quality videos for its price. Let's look into its excellent features.
- 1-inch Type Stacked CMOS Sensor
- Image Processor (Bionz X)
- Vario-Sonnar Zeiss Lens
- Clear Image Zoom and 12x Optical Zoom
- Optical Steady-Shot Image Stabilization
- 3.5-inch XtraFine LCD plus 0.39-inch OLED EVF
- S-Gamut Picture Profiles
- Quick Lighting Variable auto-focus
- Weight is 2 pounds
- The extra-fine LCD is fabulous
- Video quality is cinematic
Things We Don’t
- The tripod point is oddly placed
TheSony FDR-AX700 Camera is one of the best Cameras that offers quality video content for the price range. It produces 4K video content with high Resolution. You will love this product. It's awesomely good for self-filming your hunts.
you may Also like - Camping For Beginners : The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Camping 2020
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Camera for Self Filming Hunt
It is suitable to budget for a camera before buying. As a beginner hunter, I suggest purchasing a primary camera. A bridge camera is the right choice because it offers you 4K videos and photos. (Beginner Budget: At least $1000)
For Intermediate Hunters, go for something more beautiful to make your production look good. I will recommend a mid-level Camcorder that comes with more delightful accessories. (Intermediate Budget: Between $1500-$2000)
For Professionals, I know you want the best and excellent features. You should go for a top-class Camcorder or DSLR with an Action, and also a Bridge Camera for 2nd angle and more angles plus cute accessories (Budget: $8000)
Cameras which have high Resolution are enjoyable to watch. If you want to film for fun, consider camera resolution. Make sure that your Camera's Resolution is at least 1080p at 60fps
Low Lighting Condition
Being able to shoot in low lighting conditions is essential for filming deer hunts. The action mostly takes place in the late evening. Make sure you check for this feature.
Large memories will allow for ample storage of your filming. Cameras that come with double S.D. card slots are better. At least, 64GB S.D. cards are enough.
Higher Zoom feature
This camera feature makes it easier to film awesome videos. With a high zoom, you can be able to view at long distances! I prefer 50-60x zoom, but at least get a camera with a 10x zoom.
This feature can create a better user experience! You are capable of viewing a deer walking behind a tree!
Congratulations! You now have more comprehensive knowledge about the best cameras to self-film your own hunts. Just figure out a suitable budget range and type of camera of your choice, and your hunting experience will be splendid! You will be able to have those fantastic memories of your experience, and you can show your children and grandchildren!